This is just the beginning............




Swaziland is an amazing place with wonderful, loving, kind hearted people that have a true love for the lord. I find it heartwarming to see people that physically have nothing, yet are so hospitable and willing to give you what little they do have. The one thing I notice here is that there is a whole generation that is missing, they don't exist, and many have died from aids. Children are living with their Grandparents or in home's where no adults exist. Many are sick and without proper nutrition or medical care. My heart breaks.




The children at El Shaddai tugged at my heart and the orphanage is an amazing place with two very beautiful, kind hearted people that started it and continue to care for these children like their own. Amazing seems to be my new- often used word. My biggest fear right now is that there aren't any words big enough to describe my experience in Swaziland or the wonderful people there. I have truly fallen in love with this place and it has brought me closer to God. Another word that seems to pop up recently is "purpose," which I find ironic since so much of my journey back to God began with that one word. It was so hard to leave Swaziland and as I sat on the plane waiting for take off to travel back to the states, I had mixed emotions, part of me was anxious to get home to see my loved ones and to tell everyone of this wonderful place. A place that I feel so sad to leave behind. It has become a big part of me, yet I have a feeling this is just the beginning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you!

Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God!

The Beginning