Cultural Center & Game Park


Execution Mountain is just behind Tom's head in this picture.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
We went to the cultural center and to the game park. The cultural center was quite interesting. There is a mountain behind it called Execution Mountain. Anyone that broke the law used to have to go up to Execution Mountain and either jump off or run into a spear. I’m not sure what I would do if I had to choose, I think I would have to ask what was behind curtain number 3.




I enjoyed the dancing and learning about the Swazi Culture. The grandmother is called the Go-Go, she lives in a hut by herself. If a child is in trouble with his parents and can get to the Go-Go’s hut before the parents get to him, he is safe and the parents can’t do anything. I like that! I mentioned this to Ashley and she said, what’s the difference? That is how it is with you and Braden.



Traditional Swaziland dancing and singing at the Cultural Center












At the Game Park we rode in a Land Rover that had a net around it as protection from the wild animals. Ha! I think if the lions had wanted to eat us, we would have been dinner. They had their chance, as we were sitting ducks with a flat tire in the lion area. We didn’t have a spare and Bosche, our guide, got on his radio for help. When it came, he ran to the gate to let the other driver in. I was thinking…..is he supposed to just leave us here like that? It was a little unnerving.


















An Elephant came right up to our Land Rover. Busiciwe was sitting in the front and it came within inches of her. I was a little nervous but she was very still and quiet. Afterward she said she almost peed her pants. We also saw the rhinos, a hippo, the lions, warthogs, a crocodile (one in the water and one waiting to eat us, hiding in the tall grass)and several deer like animals (I can’t remember the name of them so we’ll call them lion food).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God!

Thank you!

The Beginning