The Flight Home



As I sit here on the flight to Amsterdam with 3 hours to go, I can't help but think about what I leave behind. I am sad to leave such a beautiful country with such loving people. Sad to leave these people who physically have nothing, yet spiritually have everything.
I try to mentally prepare myself for going back to the states. I feel changed by all of this as many have said I would. I want to hold onto that for as long as I can. I wonder what I will say when people ask about Africa. I want to shout how I feel, but there aren't any words in the English language that can compare. I pray that more will go and see, go and help, go and come back and tell others, for this is an experience that will be with me forever. I feel like I left my heart there. And in that I know I will do justice to this mission that God has set before me. This mission to tell others of the state these wonderful, loving, kind hearted people with such a joy for the lord are in.
What an amazing experience to learn their culture, to witness and share their worship and true love and joy for the lord. I am suddenly reminded of our reservations in singing praise. My own reservations, how many times have I wanted to sing out loud, dance and throw my arms in the air in praise to our wonderful God. Yet sadly I contain myself in fear of what others will think. I watch Ntambufuthi, she is shy, a bit reserved and everything I want to know about her, I have to draw it out of her, yet when she sings praises to the lord, you think surely this is not the same shy young girl. She has a vibrant unreserved joy that shines in her song, her movement and her face. If only we could worship with such a magnitude of glory!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you!

Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God!

The Beginning