Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God!


“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations” Matthew 28:19

Dear Friends,

In the past couple of years there have been many changes in my life and in the lives of those I love. Although most of these changes have been difficult, none can compare to witnessing a young man of only 14 years old lose his battle against cancer. My first question was one that many might ask in this situation. How can God allow for this to happen? I had a really rough time with this one and I believe God sent me an angel in the form of a very good friend of mine. She said, it’s not about “us,” we are here to touch the lives of others. We all have a job to do and when that job is finished we are called home to be with God. Our reward is not here, it is with God in heaven. This forced me to take a look at my life and in doing so I have become closer to God. I have found a church that fits my needs spiritually and I have recently found a strong desire to serve others, especially the individuals that can’t seem to help themselves. My heart has been broken by the things that break the heart of God and I welcome that with great passion for there are many great needs in this world, not only locally but globally as well.

As many of you know, God has blessed me with a unique opportunity to serve him in January at a small orphanage with my church, New Covenant Free Methodist (Clio, Michigan), in Swaziland, Africa. We’ve teamed with a local ministry program, Compassionate Life Foundation http://www.james127.org/, which has strong ties with the Methodist Church in South Africa. This organization was founded by a humble woman, who attends New Covenant with me. Upon this two week mission’s trip, I and 7 others will be spending time with the people of this troubled country. Specifically, we will be attending to the needs of orphans and widows that have been affected by the AIDS/HIV pandemic. Whether they need crops planted in order to eat, roofs to be repaired so they can live, or simply need a friend; we’ll be there to help. We’ll also be constructing a kitchen for food service to the orphans. This is a vital need. This is not just a work trip but a trip to share God’s love and care with these beautiful children.

Humbly serving others,

Teresa Vaughn

teresamvaughn@aol.com


Comments

Jill said…
great, great, great. Keep us posted on your fundraising efforts!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you!

The Beginning